Chief Directorate: Metro Health Services
SALARY : R102 534 per annum
CENTRE : False Bay Hospital
- Minimum requirement: Basic literacy and numeracy. Experience: Appropriate
- Porter experience in a public health facility. Inherent requirements of the job:
- Willingness to work shifts, public holidays and over weekends. Ability to
- perform tasks such as lifting of patients from or onto beds, trolleys and
- wheelchairs, in and out of vehicles. Prepared to handle bodies or corpses.
- Prepared to work in all departments or wards in hospital. Willingness to cover
- shifts in absence of colleagues. Competencies (knowledge/skills): Ability to
- communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western
- DUTIES : Assist and accompany walking, sitting, non-walking or disabled patients and
- transport patients per wheelchair or trolley from reception to the wards or from
- the wards to the treatment sections, and in and out of ambulances. Deliver and
- collect medical and other documentation (patient files, report, etc) to or from
- wards or treatment areas. Check and replace oxygen cylinders in wards or
- treatment areas and assist with shifting of medical equipment and report any
- defects. Assist with the drawing and filing of patient folders.
- ENQUIRIES : Ms C Peters Tel No: (021) 782-1121/5257
- APPLICATIONS : The Senior Medical Superintendent, False Bay Hospital, Private Bag X1,
- Valyland, 7974.
- FOR ATTENTION : Ms L Shoosmith
- NOTE : No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
- CLOSING DATE : 20 September 2019
495 total views, 1 views today