Racing Distribution (Pty) Ltd has exciting opportunities available for a Driver to be based at the Eastern Cape Branch. The incumbent will drive vehicles to move goods from one point to another in an efficient, safe and cost-effective manner. The Driver is responsible for the vehicle allocated to him/her and for the load, from the time the vehicle is loaded until the goods are offloaded at the destination and the vehicle returns to the depot. The individual is responsible for all relevant documentation and for ensuring that the relevant signatures, where required, are obtained. Ensure that there is compliance with all policies and procedures and strict adherence to internal controls. The incumbent will be responsible for the process of picking general stock accurately as per the picking slip, updating of bin cards correctly according to stock received and stock picked to ensure minimum variances as well as ensuring that stock is packed accurately.
• A minimum of 3 years driving experience.
• Must be in possession of a valid driver’s licence that is held for a minimum of 3 years.
• Geographical knowledge.
• Achieve and sustain driver score targets as predefined.
• Where additional safety equipment / equipment has been issued to an incumbent due to the nature of the
job he is working on, it is expected that they be in possession of and use such equipment where required.
• The incumbent is fully responsible for the vehicle allocated to him, including any other equipment allocated
to the incumbent or the vehicle.
• The incumbent is responsible for the safety of the vehicle and its cargo.
• The incumbent is required to perform heavy duty work lifting and moving of stock for branches.
• The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that any problems that do occur are reported immediately and
are also reported on the trip sheet.
• The incumbent is responsible for carrying out pre on-route and post-trip roadworthy inspections using the
prescribed forms and for reporting any defects.
• The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that he does not operate a damaged or defective vehicle unless
repairs have been carried out on the vehicle.
• The incumbent is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and neatness of the vehicle at all times.
• The incumbent is expected to travel only on authorized routes in a safe, courteous and cautious manner.
• Carrying of goods include the following:
• The incumbent is responsible for all aspects of the goods including the following:
- That the correct goods has been loaded and delivered/collected.
- That the goods and documentation correspond (ie – quantity and description).
- That the incumbent is present at loading of vehicles at suppliers and customers to monitor that the
- goods loaded correspond with the documentation and to note any differences.
- That the incumbent is present at offloading of vehicles to monitor that the load is in good condition and to record breakages or discrepancies.
- The incumbent must report any losses or damage to goods to his Supervisor immediately.
• The incumbent is expected to contact his home depot if he is delayed for longer than 30 minutes.
• The incumbent is responsible for the goods from the time of departure to the destination and safe
• The incumbent is expected to carry out any other duties, responsibilities or lawful instructions given to him
by a Supervisor or Manager.
• Inform customers of price changes and other notices regarding them as directed by management.
• Cash collection and banking thereof.
• Inspecting outlets, especially CNA’s to ensure that our magazines are displayed clearly and that are still well
stocked. Provide timeous feedback to management.
• Transporting team members and guests as directed by management.
• Ensure that all collections of books and cash balances up daily to CO 1.
• CNA proof of delivery notes must be picked up on time.
• Publication returns must be accurately counted and agreed with the CNA/other customer at the time of
• Safe custody of the handheld machines.
• It is expected that the incumbent completes all trips within the scheduled times as instructed by the
• The incumbent may not stop the vehicle in any spot other than an authorized stopping point, unless there is
an emergency that prevents the vehicle from driving to the next authorized stopping points.
• In the event of an accident ensure that the incident form is completed, and the incident reported to SAPS
and a case number obtained. This must be done within 24 hours and must be done even if the driver is not
at fault. Notify the Fleet Assistant immediately of the incident.
• Pack stock in the correct designated area once items are received and GRV’d into Pastel Evolution. Make
sure items are as stated on the GRV.
• Picking of stock as per the picking slip request. Picking must be accurate in quantity and in nature of the
• Do not pick damaged stock. Mark as damaged and notify the Warehouse Supervisor.
• Pick and Pack stock correctly as per Picking Slip.
• Verify (second check) fellow assistant has picked the correct items & quantity should you be required to
work in the dispatch area.
• Update Stock Cards (Bin Cards) correctly (as per the quantity of item issued or received) & timeously. These
should be done neatly and legible.
• Notify Supervisors/Managers of all shortages (or any other variance) immediately.
• When required to assist in receiving of stock ensure quality, quantity and all information on documentation
from suppliers is correct.
• Assist with weekly stock counts and ensure this is done accurately and timeously.
• Assist with verifying monthly stock takes and ensure this is done accurately and timeously.
• Ensure accuracy of stock being received or dispatched to ensure zero variances.
• Ensure warehouses and working areas are in a clean state by COB each day.
Skills and Competencies:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrates exceptional attention to detail.
• Must be results driven.
• Ability to work under pressure and still produce quality results timeously.
Please note that only Team Members who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
Please be advised that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.